Monday, April 11, 2011

Blog in Real Time - Coming Up

  
     Tomorrow, April 12, I plan to start my experiment, 'blog in real time.'

     This morning I prepared 9 posts which run through April.  The idea is to post a news item, from the perspective of a '13th Mass.' soldier on the date it happened, - only 150 years later.  The early posts however, will be somewhat summative of events because of the nature of the source material.

     They are culled from the regimental history, "Three Years in the Army," by Charles E. Davis, jr. (1894, Estes & Lauriat) & "The History of Westborough, Massachusetts," by H.P. DeForest and E.C. Bates, (1891), and deal with the organization of the various rifle companies that became the '13th Mass.'

    I have tried to arrange the posts close to important corresponding dates.   They provide an accurate description of the prevailing sentiments and activities in Massachusetts at the outbreak of hostilities.

     The posts will come fast and furious for the month of April, drop off noticeably for May, and then resume with regularity from June forward.  I simply don't have much material for May.

     Right now, I can't say how long I will be able to continue the experiment, due to other obligations, but let's see how it goes.

     Happy Reading !

  

No comments:

Post a Comment